Posted on: March 24, 2020
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Bookkeeper who has a
passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional
security setting.Who We Are:CoreCivic is the leading, national
provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention
management services, providing effective programs that enhance
public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security
facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a
deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a
responsibility to better the public good.What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.What You Get To
Do:Change the lives of those in your care!The Bookkeeper performs
calculations, verifies and posts financial data, and maintains
accounting records of financial transactions. Ensures proper coding
of transactions and assists in maintaining a current checking
account balance for the facility. Prepares reports and
correspondence, and conducts inventory of commissary operations.
- Utilizes and maintains working knowledge of applicable
accounting and internal control procedures which are in keeping
with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and company
and partnership policies and procedures while performing duties and
maintaining documentation and records.
- Assists with or maintains a current working checking account
balance for petty checking and commissary accounts. Prepares,
deposits and verifies bank deposits. Prepares check requests and
month-end documentation, and coordinates purchases for which FSC
approval is not required.
- Assists with or prepares accounts payable packages, accounts
payable accruals, check requests, petty cash reimbursements and
bank reconciliations ensuring accuracy, quality and adherence to
company policy and procedures.
- Processes various transactions for inmate/resident accounts to
include, deposits, withdrawals, charges/fees, release of funds or
transfer of funds, in accordance with policy and procedures. This
includes completing or assisting with the daily balancing of the
- Assigns or verifies assignment of proper account codes to
purchase orders, accounts payable, check requests, vouchers and
other types of expenditures or receipts ensuring that financial
transactions are allocated to the appropriate account prior to
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Three years of Accounting or Bookkeeping experience is
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel or
other spreadsheet or accounting software.
- Experience with Enterprise software such as Oracle/JD Edwards
and inventory control is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE
Keywords: CoreCivic, Youngstown , Bookkeeper, Accounting, Auditing , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!