Front Office Manager
Company: Marshall Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Become Part of the Marshall Team Marshall Hotels & Resorts, is a
premium management company responsible for an eclectic group of
branded and independent hotels throughout the United States.
Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity
with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that
focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride
ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe
guest service is the top priority. First and foremost, we are all
here to assist our guests. Everything else is secondary. If you
dont see our associates assisting a guest, youre bound to watch
them assisting someone who is.Mike Marshall, President & CEO You
can expect to experience strong and supportive leadership,
transparent and effective management of our human resources,
employee engagement, a collaborative and supportive culture and a
strong track record in staff retention, learning, professional
development and growth across the whole organization. We are
currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality
professional to join our team at the DoubleTree by Hilton
Youngstown Downtown as a Front Office Manager who can help lead the
property to sustainable success. The Front Office Manager is
responsible for the room department, including the front desk
operations and to help ensure the overall guest experience for our
125 room hotel is held to the highest standards. JOB
- Leads and motivates team members, managing daily work flow,
providing communication and a positive work environment.
- Ensures clear communication with housekeeping of status of
vacant rooms and rooms ready for occupancy.
- Remains highly visible and be readily available for guests at
- Monitors and maintains guest experience to ensure overall high
level of guest satisfaction.
- Supervises and motivates all team members. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities of front desk agents in accordance
with policies, training programs, and applicable laws.
- Orders supplies for Made Market as necessary.
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
- Controls labor and expenses by ensuring proper staffing;
productivity and inventory levels are consistent and accurate;
evaluates, measures and tracks all service, performance and
- Maintains and generates data reports regarding budgets and
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Supports night audit shifts as needed.
- Performs Manager on Duty shift on a regular basis.
- Exhibits a hands on management style and works shifts at the
desk on a regular basis. AT A GLANCE
- Located in the Historic Stambaugh Building, 44 E Federal St,
Youngstown, OH 44503, the DoubleTree Youngstown has been fully
updated with todays amenities while preserving its historic charm
and neoclassical architecture of 1907. Walk to attractions such as
the Covelli Centre, Youngstown State University, OH WOW! Science
Center, and DeYor Performing Arts Center. Were also close to
America Makes, Youngstown Business Incubator, Turning Technologies,
Mercy Health, Vallourec Star, General Motors, and Taylor-Winfield
Technologies, making us perfect for business travelers.
- Our caring service begins with a warm DoubleTree Chocolate Chip
Cookie at check-in. Preserved décor like marble wainscoting and
mahogany doors lead you to newly renovated guest rooms all with
complimentary WiFi, a 50-inch HDTV, mini-fridge, in-room safe,
coffeemaker, work desk and walk-in shower. Upgrade to a larger room
or corner suite with options such as a queen-sized sofa bed, dining
table and superior views of downtown.
- Pick up a morning pastry, savor a casual lunch, or enjoy dinner
at Bistro 1907. Our Made Market is always open with snacks and
beverages to satisfy any cravings. Work out in the complimentary
fitness center, or connect with the office in the 24-hour business
center. Events are memorable with stylish meeting space, including
our top-floor ballroom accented by 13-foot ceilings, Palladian
windows, and views from 12 stories up. In addition to a great work
environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health insurance,
dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AFLAC plans for Accident / Critical
Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and
Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k retirement plan
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations A
History of Excellence Who We Are Founded in 1980 by industry icon
Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a
full-service hotel management company that specializes in all
property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star,
beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&Rs typical
hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and
resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels,
MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies,
including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International,
InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice
Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this
opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this
opportunity isnt the right fit for you, please visit our website to
view other opportunities at www.marshallhotels.com or for future
consideration, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. JOB
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience in front office
operations or a hospitality service-related field with high
customer/client contact required.
- Experience in a franchised hotel property required; Hilton
experience highly preferred.
- Verifiable history of leading teams to success in terms of
guest satisfaction (branded hotel GSS or similar scores).
- Professional references from within the hospitality
- Organized, goal oriented, self-motivated and energetic with a
strong desire to achieve success. To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of guest satisfaction and front
- Ability to use working knowledge of working environment to meet
established goals and objectives
- Computer skills with the ability to learn front office
Keywords: Marshall Hotels & Resorts, Youngstown , Front Office Manager, Administration, Clerical , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!