Company: Find A Wrench, LLC
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Immediate need for Experienced Diesel Technicians!This Diesel
Technician position is posted on behalf of our client, Schwebel
Baking Company.The Schwebel Baking Company in Youngstown, OH has
been proudly serving our customers for over 100 years! We are
looking for experienced diesel technicians to join our team to help
maintain our own fleet of vehicles.We have 2 different positions
available, diesel technicians of all levels are encouraged to
- Garage Mechanic
- Garage TechnicianResponsibilitiesMaintains diesel equipment
operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance
requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments
and alignments; keeping records.Job Duties
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and
diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive
maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades;
controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing,
adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing
major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems,
such as, power and drivetrains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel,
emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop
operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing
loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil
systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives;
adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing
engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating
instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies;
performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by
accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.Skills
- Must be able to obtain a DOT physical and CDL.
- Must have exceptional knowledge in Tooling, Supply Management,
Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding, Attention to
Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication,
Documentation Skills, Inventory Control, and Job Knowledge.Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Trainings/ Certification assistance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Uniforms ProvidedPlease note that this job profile is not meant
to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position;
individuals may perform other duties as assigned or
required.Additional RequirementsSchwebel---s will only employ those
who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this
opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background investigation and drug screen.If this
sounds like you, we would enjoy bringing you in for a tour of the
facility. At that time, we would be happy to answer any additional
questions. Thank you for your time and consideration.MD2
Keywords: Find A Wrench, LLC, Youngstown , Diesel Technician, Engineering , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!