Survey SUE Technician II - Youngstown, OH
Posted on: January 26, 2023
DescriptionPurposeWork outdoors using electromagnetic equipment
and ground penetrating radar to detect subsurface utilities.Also
perform vacuum truck operation; perform utility mark out and
surveying activities; and document work with sketches, photos,
spreadsheets and/or written reports.Key ResponsibilitiesLeadership
- May assist senior level staff or management with clients and
agencies, subcontractors, and design teams on moderately complex
project issues.At the Operational and Company Level
- Locate underground utilities through nondestructive
- Operate Data Collectors and collect field measurements
- Record and document the underground utility field data
- Train to operate and maintain company equipment and
- Train to meet company safety standards.Do the Work
- Operation of vacuum truck and related equipment such as
compressor blower, vacuum hose and air lance, jackhammer,
pogo-tamper, concrete saw, hand tools, etc.
- Operation of multi-frequency electromagnetic equipment
including electromagnetic induction (EMI) and ground penetrating
- Record drawing and design plans.
- Perform minor maintenance and troubleshoot vacuum excavation
systems and related equipment.
- Prepare daily paperwork.
- Perform SUE field activities with little supervision.
- Train junior field staff.Success Metrics
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently.
- Ability to ask for additional direction and assistance when
- Works effectively with internal leaders as well as external
- Have a sense of urgency in responding to constituents.
- Have a strong element of quality control / attention to detail
at all levels.Minimum Requirements
- High school diploma or GED strongly preferred.
- Two to Five (2-5) years as SUE Technician I or related
- Basic knowledge of Land Surveying.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work outside in all seasons and conditions.
- Ability to walk, kneel, squat and stand.
- Ability to lift 80lbs.
- Ability/willingness to travel for work assignments, including
occasional overnight assignments.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and random
- Valid drivers license with a clean driving record
- Indoor Work
- Outdoor Work
- Lift/Carry 51-100lbs
- Excessive Noise
- Operating Computer
- Exposure to Hazards
- Extreme Temperatures
- Reach Outward
- Reach above Shoulder
- Push/Pull 26-40lbs
- Squat or Kneel
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)Note: The
position description is intended as a summary only of key duties.
Other related duties may be assigned as
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibilityEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Bowman, Youngstown , Survey SUE Technician II - Youngstown, OH, Engineering , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!