Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services,
partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.We are
Sustainability in Action our promise to be environmentally
responsible and to help our customers be environmentally
responsible too.Why choose Republic?Joining Republic isnt just
about taking on a new job, its about making a commitment to create
a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential
service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and
communities everywhere.As a company, we are proud of our values and
encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe
practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by
going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by
being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique
potential and dignity of every person.POSITION SUMMARY: Within a
business unit, the Operations Manager - Hauling is responsible for
managing the collections activities for commercial, industrial and
residential customers, as well as container delivery and pick up,
in a geographically dispersed area. The position manages a team of
Operations Supervisors, , Dispatchers, Operations Clerks, Drivers
and Helpers who are responsible for the route system for
commercial, roll-off and residential customers throughout the
business unit. The Operations Manager - Hauling works with his or
her General Manager, and other managers in the business unit, to
execute a local market strategy that complements the Areas overall
strategic operating and marketing plans and implements tactical
initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement.
The Operations Manager - Hauling oversees all matters related to
collections operations,effective safety and accident prevention
programs, compliance with standards and drives change management
initiatives that contribute to the growth and durability of the
business unit.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages a staff, including hiring, training, coaching,
performance management; develop supervisory goals and objectives;
and effective resolution of safety issues and claims.
- Implement and execute plans to complement the business units
strategic and operating plan; champion the execution of tactical
initiatives within the Business Unit to maximize the customer
experience, growth and durability, while optimizing
- Ensure maximum productivity and route management systems for
commercial, roll-off and residential routes and establish
productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating
standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses.
- Interact with customers and local, state and federal government
employees to resolve customer service concerns; ensure regulatory
compliance standards are met.
- Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to
ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and
injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all
employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and
- Lead operations to ensure compliance with all standards
including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting
- Approve expenses and manage budget for the operations
department including approval of purchase orders and vendor
- Develop a best-in-class team and workplace culture and
effectively manage performance and talent development; drive
- Build and maintain strong and effective relations with relevant
government, community and environmental groupsQUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability
to execute against formulated strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives.
- Able to direct large staff.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and
pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to
organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and
- Demonstrated ability to optimize near-term results that
contribute to long-term sustainable success.
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent,
with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management experience or
participation in Republic Services management trainee
program.Rewarding Compensation and BenefitsEligible employees can
elect to participate in: Comprehensive medical benefits coverage,
dental plans and vision coverage. Health care and dependent care
spending accounts. Short- and long-term disability. Life insurance
and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. Employee and Family
Assistance Program (EAP). Employee discount programs. 401(k) plan
with a generous company match. Employee Stock Purchase Plan
(ESPP).The statements used herein are intended to describe the
general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee
in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by
an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association
with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
law.Why Work With UsRepublic Services is a place where your effort
is always appreciated and your teammates always have your back.
When you give us your best, we give you ours. Were constantly
investing in new tools and technology that allow you to do your job
safely and effectively. We offer plenty of opportunities to learn
and grow within your role. And when we say Sustainability in
Action, we mean it. Together, were leaving the world better than we
found it through the work we do every day. Are you in? Keep reading
to learn more about the position were hiring for.
Keywords: Republic Services, Youngstown , Operations Manager-Hauling, Executive , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!