Armed Security Officer- Government Site
Company: St. Moritz Security Services
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Armed Security Officer- Government Site
Job Title: Armed Security OfficerLocation: Youngstown, OHSchedule:
1600-0000 (4pm - Midnight) Monday through SundayLooking for FT or
PT to cover any/ all days on this shift.Pay: $14 per hourPrimary
Purpose and FunctionThe Security Officer is responsible for
providing security services at assigned locations with a focus on
observing and reporting. Duties include, but are not limited to
monitoring and reporting all activity, conducting foot patrols,
vehicular patrols, golf cart patrols, and/or bicycle patrol of
applicable interior and/or exterior areas; reporting suspicious
activities, suspicious persons, writing detailed narrative reports,
maintaining daily activity reports (DAR's), enforcing post orders,
site rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and responding to
emergency situations requiring security assistance.Essential
Functions and ResponsibilitiesThe following are the duties that are
necessary to satisfy the minimum requirements of the position.
Other duties may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for executing security services as outlined in the
Post Order Manual and accompanying policy and procedural guidelines
and as directed by SMSSI Management.
- May be responsible for conducting walking patrols of
building/facility (or assigned areas within or outside the
building/facility) and include vehicular patrols, golf cart patrols
and/or bicycle patrols.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting security threats,
unsafe conditions or hazards, and/or other emergency
- Responsible for site-specific duties and tasks based on
assignment, which may include customer service, loss prevention,
retail security, lobby/visitor reception, service/freight elevator
security, loading dock security, and/or a variety of other safety
and security roles.
- Write detailed, accurate, and legible incident reports during
shift, including notation of any unusual activities and how issues
were resolved. Responsible for contacting appropriate individuals
(Site Supervision, Field Management, etc.) as directed by site post
orders or as needed during shift.
- Responsible for knowing all site-specific policies and
procedures, and implementing emergency response activities as
- Responsible for following all company procedures, maintaining
acceptable attendance, and adhering to all grooming and customer
- Responsible for participating in all company and site required
orientation and training programs.
- Respond to any incidents that occur during shift, in conformity
with the Post Orders and the Company's Use of Force Policy,
ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly
completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely
- Conduct security, customer service, or support function(s) as
directed by supervisor or in support of client request(s).Minimum
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, candidates must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current or prior military experience, or college education in
the security field desirable.
- Minimum 1-3 years of professional-level work experience
preferred. Prior experience in the security industry, law
enforcement, military, and/or customer service highly desired.
Experience in scheduling, operations, or other functions of the
security industry a plus.
- Must possess a valid registration/permit/license required by
the state in which the employee is employed. As a condition of
employment, employee must successfully complete a background
investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
where required by the Company or client. Some clients require
additional background screening, testing, and procedures.
Additionally, as a condition of continued employment, employee must
maintain current active status of all necessary
registrations/licenses/permits required by the jurisdiction and
must carry the appropriate documents at all times while on
- May require a current state driver's license, clean driving
record as determined by SMSSI, and the ability to safely operate
motor vehicle, golf cart, and/or bicycle if assigned to a position
requiring operation of such.
- Ability to provide reliable transportation (or access public
transportation) to consistently get to and from work on time is
- Ability to write effective, concise, and legible reports.
- Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with
the ability to professionally interact with all levels of
individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations
before they become hostile or unsafe.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability
to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple
competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate, and able to use good independent
judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels within the
organization, including with clients, while functioning as a t
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the security industry?
Join St. Moritz Security Services, Inc., a well-established company
with over 30 years in the industry.Join the excitement of a dynamic
company committed to deliver exceptional Security Services to
clients across the United States. Whether you are an experienced
officer, or new to the security industry, St. Moritz Security
Services, Inc. has the right opportunity for you!SMSSI is a growing
organization dedicated to excellence, honesty and quality in
delivering specialized services in a variety of markets. For over
35 years, we've provided safety and security to meet the diverse
needs of our clients. To learn more please visit our website or
follow us on social media. https://www.smssi.com/
We offer an attractive compensation package including competitive
hourly wage, benefits, 401(k), training and opportunities for
advancement.St. Moritz Security Services, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Keywords: St. Moritz Security Services, Youngstown , Armed Security Officer- Government Site, Government & Protective Services , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!