Health Services Administrator - RN Required
Posted on: May 10, 2020
Why WellpathHere at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewOur
Health Services Administrator (HSA) is a professional administrator
who manages and evaluates the Health Care Delivery Program in
accordance with State and Local Regulations; ensures medical,
dental, and mental health program activities are based upon goals,
objectives, aims, and policies and procedures of The Company and
the facility; and are compliant with ACA, NCCHC and State
accreditation standards.QualificationsEducation for Health Services
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Nursing School
Experience for Health Services Administrator:
- Three (3) or more years administrative, management and
- Delivery and administration of correctional medical, dental,
and mental health care recommended
- Organizational experience in operations and planning
- Sound decision-making skills required
- Experience in managing budgets and analyzing contracts
Licenses/Certifications for Health Services Administrator:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state in
which you work, or a valid compact state nurse license
- Current CPR Certification
- Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of procedures and
- Evaluate financial and statistical data, program needs and
problems, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Develop, utilize, revise, interpret, and ensure compliance with
The Company and facility policies and procedures.
- Monitor subcontracted services to include pharmacy, lab, x-ray,
and specialty providers.
- Maintain communication and a good working relationship with
facility administration, The Company employees, correctional
personnel, contracted providers, and outside agencies.
- Evaluate and recommend methods of improving operational
efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Oversee recruitment, orientation, and performance evaluations
- Provide regular staff meetings and ensure effective
communication with all staff on all shifts.
- Assume responsibility for planning, providing, and monitoring
staff orientation and participation in education and staff
- Assist in recruitment of contracted professional providers
(physicians, dentists, psychologists, etc.).
- Ensure appropriate licensure, credentialing, and insurance
coverage on all medical personnel, i.e. - physicians, nurses,
dentists, psychologists and social workers.
- Oversee services rendered by contractors and professional
- Ensure reports are submitted as required in a timely and
- Audit weekly logs and accounts payable forms, forwards them to
the The Company home office as required.
- Screen all requests for records and approve/disapprove
responses as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of health records and
- Review status of patients with serious health problems ensuring
all necessary intervention and treatment is completed.
- Monitor in-patient hospitalizations closely with utilization
management to ensure early release whenever possible.
- Audit referrals to outside consultants.
- Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses and
explores utilizing all appropriate means of limiting both The
Company and contractor's liabilities.
- Monitor pharmacy use to ensure adherence to formulary.
- Oversee the utilization of special housing, infirmary beds, and
outside inpatient and outpatient services for appropriateness and
quality of services provided.
- Maintain an awareness of overall concepts of managed care and
make administrative judgments to ensure care provided is compatible
with these concepts.
- Function as a liaison between other professional
- Ensure, where available, NCCHC accreditation of the medical
program by ensuring the presence of the required level or
organizational efficiency and the provision of approved and
appropriate medical services.
- Accept on-call status.
- Attend seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- May be asked to travel overnight for two to four days.
- May be asked, but not required, to relocate temporarily or
permanently as needs require.
- Promote Quality Improvement standards by actively participating
in the quality of care screen audits.
- Post Orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Youngstown , Health Services Administrator - RN Required, Healthcare , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!