Skilled Nursing RN, Mahoning Valley Home Care
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 13, 2020
About UsAkron Children s Hospital is one of the largest
independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the
best children s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our
dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year
through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations
offering primary and specialty care.We are leading the way to
healthier futures for children and communities through expert
medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a
teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other
universities, we train new generations of pediatricians,
specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part time (28 hours per week), for Mahoning Valley Home Care
Provides direct and indirect nursing care to patients as assigned.
1. Ensures care delivered meets standards of care.
2. Implements MD orders, coordinates the patients plan of care with
medical regime, therapy services and community resources to
facilitate comprehensive ongoing care.
3. RN utilizes sound judgment in making independent nursing care
decisions, utilizes the nursing process and is guided by knowledge
of the principles and practice of professional nursing.
4. Skilled professionals must assume responsibility for, but not be
restricted to the following: Ongoing interdisciplinary assessment
of the patient, Development and evaluation of the plan of care in
partnership with the patient, representative (if any) and
caregivers, Providing services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care, Patient, caregiver, and family
counseling and education, Preparing clinical notes, Communication
with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health
care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of
care, Participation in the agency s QAPI program, and Participation
in agency-sponsored in-service training.
5. Works a required number of days/month for on-call visiting nurse
to ensure adequate coverage for facility - FT/PT nurses will work
minimum of 8 on-call shifts per month with 4 being weekend shifts,
PRN nurses will work a minimum of 4 on-call shifts per month with 1
being a weekend shift.
Education and Experience
1. Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing,
2. Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in the
State of Ohio.
3. Minimum one (1) year experience in Pediatrics or Home Care
4. BSN preferred.
5. For new employees hired into positions posted on or after July
1, 2013 BSN required or must obtain BSN within 5 years from date of
6. Current CPR certification is required.
Part Time FTE: 0.600000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: HOME HEALTH Associated topics: ambulatory, care unit,
infusion, intensive care, intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, nurse
rn, registered nurse, transitional
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Youngstown , Skilled Nursing RN, Mahoning Valley Home Care, Healthcare , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!