Posted on: January 9, 2021
JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM AND MAKE A DIFFERENCEGREAT PAY &
BENEFITSNEW GRADS WELCOMEAt CoreCivic, we do more than manage
inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking
Registered Nurses who have a passion for providing the highest
quality care in an institutional setting. The Registered Nurse (RN)
plans and provides comprehensive nursing care including, but not
limited to, executing Licensed Independent Provider's orders,
dispensing and administering medications, and assisting Licensed
Independent Provider in examinations and treatment of patients.
Applies nursing and supervisory techniques required in the care,
treatment, and referrals of inmates/residents. Performs all
technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her education
and licensure.The successful candidate should be able to perform
ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance
consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the area and treatment of
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents;
prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare
examining room and equipment
- Examine and assess new inmates/residents with illnesses or
injuries or inmates/residents who become ill or injured; refer
inmates/residents to the emergency room or other appropriate
healthcare facilities as required by their condition.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and notify Licensed
Independent Provider for treatment orders.
- Provide guidance, supervise and monitor nursing care provided
by licensed vocational/practical nursing staff and non-licensed
medical staff.More about CoreCivic!Headquartered in Nashville,
Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the
leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, We operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high-quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety;
- CoreCivic Properties, We offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to the government and the
people they serve;
- CoreCivic Community, We deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successfully
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.Each CoreCivic
facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature
kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational
training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing
units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we
provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day.
Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are
able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security
around the clock.CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays,
401(k) with company match and paid training!Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited college, university or nursing
program with a degree/diploma in nursing.
- Must possess current licensure in the state of employment.
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE-
Keywords: CoreCivic, Youngstown , RN F/T, Healthcare , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!