Posted on: January 9, 2022
CORRECTIONA HEALTHCARE - A CAREER, NOT JUST A JOBNOW OFFERING UP
TO $45.49/hr$400 EXTRA SHIFT BONUSES!JOIN A LEADER IN INNOVATIVE
HEALTHCARE AND DISCOVER THE DIFFERENCE!At CoreCivic, we do more
than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently
seeking Registered Nurses who have a passion for providing the
highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Registered
Nurse (RN) plans and provides comprehensive nursing care including,
but not limited to, executing Licensed Independent Provider's
orders, dispensing and administering medications, and assisting
Licensed Independent Provider in examinations and treatment of
patients. Applies nursing and supervisory techniques required in
the care, treatment, and referrals of inmates/residents. Performs
all technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her
education and licensure.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the area and treatment of
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents;
prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare
examining room and equipment
- Examine and assess new inmates/residents with illnesses or
injuries or inmates/residents who become ill or injured; refer
inmates/residents to the emergency room or other appropriate
healthcare facilities as required by their condition.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and notify Licensed
Independent Provider for treatment orders.
- Provide guidance, supervise and monitor nursing care provided
by licensed vocational/practical nursing staff and non-licensed
medical staff.More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities
nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with
a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, We operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high-quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety;
- CoreCivic Properties, We offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to the government and the
people they serve;
- CoreCivic Community, We deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successfully
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional
facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship,
classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics,
recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more.
Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform
countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic
employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest
quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with
company match and paid training!Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited college, university or nursing
program with a degree/diploma in nursing.
- Must possess current licensure in the state of employment.
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Youngstown , RN (F/T), Healthcare , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!