Medical Records Clerk, P/T
Posted on: January 11, 2022
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Medical Records Clerks, P/T
who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional setting. The Medical Records Clerk, PT provides
administrative support in the operation of the medical clinic by
performing varied and complex clerical and related administrative
functions requiring independent judgment in the use of work methods
and procedures. This is a part-time position that regularly works
less than 30 hours per week.
The successful applicant should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
- Create and maintain medical records, general files, logs and
other related records and documents in an organized manner, to
include sorting, labeling, filing and retrieving, in accordance
with corporate and facility file retention and storage procedures;
and maintains confidentiality and security of records.
- Maintain a current inventory of clinic supplies; monitor
compliance with sign in/out logs; prepare inventory reports as
- Monitor outside referrals and coordinates transfer of medical
- Assist in the preparation of routine medical and dental
- Read and comprehend medical instructions and procedures,
correspondence, policies, regulations, reports, directions for
forms completion and other simple or moderately complex
documents.More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities
nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with
a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, a national leader in high quality corrections
and detention management;
- CoreCivic Properties, offering a wide range of innovative,
cost-saving government real estate solutions;
- CoreCivic Community, a growing network of residential re-entry
centers to help tackle America's recidivism crisis.With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional
facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship,
classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics,
recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more.
Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform
countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic
employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest
quality safety and security around the clock.Qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Two years experience in a similar position required.
- Additional education or specialized training may be substituted
for the required experience.
- A valid driver's license is preferred, unless required by
contract or applicable statute.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word for Windows, Lotus 1-2-3 or Excel
and other personal computer applications preferred.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE-
Keywords: CoreCivic, Youngstown , Medical Records Clerk, P/T, Healthcare , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!