Reg Respiratory Therapist 3 - Transport, $10,000 Sign On Bonus!
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: January 21, 2023
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Offering $10,000 sign on bonus!
Full time 36 hours per week Variable Shifts available
The Registered Respiratory Therapist Level III - Transport
assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for
premature, pediatric, and adult patients.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for
premature, pediatric, and adult patients.
- Assesses the current status, cardiopulmonary needs, immediate
airway, and ventilatory needs of the critically ill neonate,
pediatric, or adult patient in the transport, intensive care, and
general care environment.
- Provides respiratory interventions for premature, pediatric,
and adult patients with the scope of practice
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Provides patient/family education to meet the identified
learning needs, utilizing adult and child education principles
- Participates in the education of referral and ACH staff.
- Precepts students and employees
- Participates in the interprofessional orientation of new staff
and functions as a clinical resource as needed.
- Provides care in all patient care areas within home base of
- Provides care during a high-risk delivery
- Non-dedicated transport must be competent to provide care for
at least one additional site (i.e. Akron Main Hospital or regional
NICU or pediatric unit) within the ACH enterprise.
- Serves on at least one department or patient services
- Serves as a resource person for respiratory care staff and or
transport staff, members of the inter-professional team as well as
staff at partnering organizations or referral facilities.
- Other duties as required. Other information:
- Experience in respiratory care is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Excel, Word or similar
software is required.
- Proficiency in electronic health record software used for
inpatient care and specialized electronic health record software
used for transport is required/preferred. Education and
- Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Respiratory
- Years of relevant experience: Greater than 3 years of
neonatal/pediatric critical care experience is required.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- Certification: Registered Respiratory Therapist credential
awarded by the National Board for Respiratory Care is
- Current OH Respiratory Care Professional license is
- Health Care Provider required; EMT-B credential is preferred
for dedicated transport RRT's; ATLS certification is preferred for
therapists participating in air/ground pediatric critical care
transports. Successful completion of initial and yearly intubation
competency as well as the transport simulation and crew resource
management training at ACH is required.
- PALS, ACLS, NRP & STABLE are required within 1 year of hire.
PFCCS and ABLS are also required for those who do pediatric
critical care transport, by the employee's first anniversary and
will be scheduled after hire.
- Current pediatric specialty credential (e.g. NPS, CNPT or A-EC)
is required within 2 years of hire. Working conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to lift, walk, stand, sit, bend, reach with
hands and arms, climb, push/pull, use hands, and see, hear and
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
from the floor, and may participate in an assisted lift of up to
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
- This position is performed in a clinical setting, inpatient,
mobile and may enter a patient home as required. Hours vary based
on shift and will require day, evening, weekend holiday hours as
Full Time FTE: 0.900000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH RESPIR
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Youngstown , Reg Respiratory Therapist 3 - Transport, $10,000 Sign On Bonus!, Healthcare , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!