Pharmacy Technician Floater
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job SummaryAs a Pharmacy Technician Floater, youll be a key part
of our collaborative team. Youll bring your skills and expertise to
building a service conscious Pharmacy team that consistently looks
to develop great relationships with patients. Youll help us exceed
expectations, meet needs and provide safe, accurate and efficient
care in order to reach the best patient, Team Member and company
outcomes. In addition, this position may require travel among
stores within a specific region in order to provide support where
needed. Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Must be free from
sanctions from participating in federally funded health care
programs; PTcB Preferred
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, More than 50%
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Travel to all locations within geographically assigned area in
order to assist in efficient store operations.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and
enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs, including:
processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to
products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions
concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the
- Process all new and refill prescriptions.
- Input prescriptions while maintaining productivity and quality
- Follow all company, state and federal policies, laws and
regulations, including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Handle prescription data accurately and efficiently, including:
retrieving prescription orders, counting, pouring, measuring and
weighing tablets and medications, mixing medications, selecting the
proper prescription container and creating prescription
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by ordering,
receiving, stocking and rotating drugs and other supplies per
company policy and procedures.
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics
and assist the team on action plans in order to improve
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating
effectively with the customer and the management team and support
staff in an efficient manner.
- Possess certification, qualification and/or registration as a
Pharmacy Technician as required by the state and/or Giant
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and
programs. About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., were more than just food,
fuel and convenience. Were one giant family of diverse and talented
Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. Its
why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers
countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid
family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs
in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis
Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGos, our grocery Stores
through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put
food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. Were always
searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We
invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting
career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Youngstown , Pharmacy Technician Floater, Healthcare , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...