Dedicated Transport Nurse
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 16, 2023
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890,
and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by
U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional
health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care
locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy
families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our
health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient
encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the
hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our
Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home
visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for
students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care
Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here
for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason We are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
36 hours per week
The Dedicated Transport Nurse provides to individuals and groups,
nursing care requiring specialized knowledge, judgment and skill
derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral,
social and nursing sciences and assesses, plans, implements,
evaluates and directs care for premature, neonatal, pediatric and
adult patients during transport, in accordance with departmental
standards of care and practice. Compliance with Commission on
Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) standards
- Provides to individuals and groups, nursing care requiring
specialized knowledge, judgment and skill derived from the
principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social and nursing
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for
premature, neonatal, pediatric and adult patients during transport
in accordance with departmental standards of care and
- Participates in the education of referral staff, patients,
parents, and Akron Children's Hospital staff.
- Provides care when temporarily dispatched to an area throughout
the Akron Children's Hospital Akron campus to task and assist,
based on patient needs, that require similar knowledge and
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational and safety
needs of the patients served, regardless of age.
- Checks all transport equipment daily and logs check completion
on appropriate forms.
- Maintains all equipment in proper working order.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in critical care is required. Critical care
experience is defined as no less than 3 years or 4,000 hours, as
defined by CAMTS, that must be part of an academic or tertiary care
center (includes, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Emergency
Department (ED), Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) or Intensive
Care Unit (ICU).
- Experience in burn care is preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Excel, Word or similar
software is preferred. Electronic health record software used for
inpatient care and specialized electronic health record software
used for transport is preferred. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing BSN is required.
- Licensure: A valid, active license to practice as a Registered
Nurse (RN) in the state of Ohio is required. This must be a
Multistate License (MSL). An MSL is required for departments that
provide telenursing services or provide care to patients outside
the state of Ohio.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Heart Code support
certification (BLS) (required upon hire).
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Pediatric Advanced Life
Support (PALS) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Emergency
Medical Technician - Basic (EMT-B) are required by first
anniversary of date of hire.
- Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood Pressure, Labs, Emotional
Support (STABLE), Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) and Pediatric
Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (PFCCS) - certifications are
required by first anniversary of date of hire.
- Nursing Specialty Certification such as Certified Flight
Registered Nurse (CFRN), Certified Transport Registered Nurse
(CTRN), or Certified Neonatal/Pediatric Transport (CNPT), is
required by second anniversary of date of hire. 4. Years of
critical care experience: 3 years is required (see definition of
critical care experience listed above)
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn
Position: GEN NURSING
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Youngstown , Dedicated Transport Nurse, Healthcare , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!