CHEF - HOURLY (FULL TIME & PART TIME)
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: September 15, 2023
- We are hiring immediately for full time and part time CHEF -
- Location: Youngstown State University- 1 University Plaza,
Youngstown, OH 44555-0001Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: Full time and part time schedules. Open availability.
Days and hours may vary. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous high-volume catering experience is
preferred, but not required. Willing to train!
- Perks: Great benefits! Flexible schedule!
- Starting pay: $18.00 per hour
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available We Make Applying
Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to
75000 and search requisition ID number 1228747.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant
that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency
varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or
HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country,
Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining
experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards
by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring
people together to promote meaningful relationships and
interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together
by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking
to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to
start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from
Summary: Directs, coordinates and evaluates assigned kitchen, food
production and food-service associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks
and other associates engaged in preparing, cooking and serving
food. Ensures all food handling, sanitation and customer service
standards are met.
- Supervises hourly kitchen associates, including interviewing,
scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews
and recommending disciplinary action.
- Efficiently prepares high-quality food items according to
standardized recipes to meet production, delivery and service
schedules. Serves meals or prepares for delivery.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and
maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Tracks food use, waste and consumption to requisition or
- Receives and inspects product and supplies for quality and
quantity to ensure appropriate inventory.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils.
Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keeps display
equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to ensure
compliance with sanitation, safety, production and merchandising
- Helps select and develop recipes and menus.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The Benefits
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside
and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both
full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program In addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on
their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to
race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will
consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those
with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a
manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the
New York Fair Chance Act.
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Compass Group, Youngstown , CHEF - HOURLY (FULL TIME & PART TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!