Field Services Technician - New Castle, PA
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: New Castle
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a
protector of tomorrow!SIGN-ON BONUS - $2,000 (1/3 after 1 month,
1/3 after 6 months, 1/3 after 1 year)ABOUT COVANTA:At Covanta, the
work we do is more than just a job. It's a commitment to
environmental problem-solving and sustainable progress. We do all
that we can to safeguard the future of our people, our planet, and
our shared prosperity. We are a world leader in providing
sustainable waste and energy solutions. Our modern Waste-to-Energy
and material processing facilities provide municipalities and
businesses with sustainable alternatives to landfill disposal that
help build a circular economy and use waste to generate clean,
renewable electricity. Building a safer, smarter world is no simple
task, but it is something we can achieve together. Join us in
protecting tomorrow.What Covanta Offers You:Highlights of Covanta's
Competitive Total Rewards package:
- A competitive base salary
- Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan
- Day 1 - Health Care Benefits, including dental and vision
- Wellness Program Incentives & Rewards
- Retirement Savings Plan and 401K with Company match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holiday)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Tuition ReimbursementCovanta Midwest Region is hiring a Field
Service Technician - Come Join Us in Protecting Tomorrow - This
position can be located at our New Castle, PA facility. Position
Description: The Field Services Technician I is responsible for the
clean-up of Hazardous and Non-Hazardous waste, site remediation,
facility & equipment decontamination, and tank cleaning activities.
The Field Services Technician I will be expected to perform
confined space entry, labor intensive functions, and operate a
variety of equipment which may include but is not limited to
pressure washers, power tools, hand trucks, forklifts, and other
hand tools in accordance with company policies and procedures as
well as OSHA requirements, and all local, state, and federal laws.
The work environment will be outdoors and indoors and subject to
temperature changes and the elements All employees must
successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and
background check as well as a Motor Vehicle Report, previous
employment, and criminal history records review.Responsibilities:
- Handle and package Hazardous and Non-Hazardous materials.
- Operate pressure washer, forklift, skid loader, hand tools,
specialty vacuum equipment, and other heavy equipment.
- Complete daily paperwork including but not limited to daily
worksheets, tailgate safety sheets, vehicle inspections, equipment
inspections, and Safety Critical work permits.
- Communicate with Project Manager and on-site customers.
- Work in confined spaces, above & below ground, and on & under
equipment. Work at elevations including working from ladders,
scaffolding, and power lifts.
- Adhere to requirements of Company policies and procedures,
OSHA, and all local, state, and federal laws.Requirements:
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- Valid state driver's license is required.
- Minimum of 1-year experience preferred.
- 40 HR HAZWOP certification preferred.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Basic computer skills. MS Outlook, Word, and Excel is a
- Ability to use heavy equipment, light equipment, and handheld
equipment (forklift, track hoe, backhoe, skid steer, etc.).
- Ability to work in environments subject to various temperature
extremes or changes in weather elements.
- Ability to use sound judgment and problem-solve in a fast-paced
- Ability to pass a respirator fit test.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to occasionally work nightshifts and weekends.Covanta
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.EOE AA
M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The
poster can be found at ). Level, Title and/or Salary may be
adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.If you are a
qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you
may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited
in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this
site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable
accommodations by contacting us at email@example.com.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Youngstown , Field Services Technician - New Castle, PA, IT / Software / Systems , New Castle, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!