Child Life Specialist
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 10, 2020
About UsAkron Children s Hospital is one of the largest
independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the
best children s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our
dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year
through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations
offering primary and specialty care.We are leading the way to
healthier futures for children and communities through expert
medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a
teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other
universities, we train new generations of pediatricians,
specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
This is a part time (approximately 11 hours a week) M-F day
position in our Mahoning Valley Surgery Department.
The Child Life Specialist plans and implements comprehensive Child
Life services. Responsibilities:
1. Plans and implements comprehensive Child Life services.
2. Provides preparation and facilitates adaptive coping strategies
for patients and families for medical procedures and other health
3. Provides education and emotional support to patients and
families; advocate and communicate patients /families needs to
4. Provides education related to child development and impact of
5. Supervises and trains students and volunteers.
6. Perform other related miscellaneous duties as assigned.
7. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psych/social, educational, and safety needs of
the patients served regardless of age.
8. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in a clinical setting as a Child Life Specialist is
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required. Epic software or similar EMR software is
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor s degree in Child Development, Child Life
specialization, or related field is required; Master s degree is
2. Certification: Certified Child Life Specialist within one year
of employment is required. Current Health Care Provider BLS
training is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Part Time FTE: 0.275000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH OTHER Associated topics: adhd, arnp, child,
children, kid, md do, neonatology, ped, pediatric, primary
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Youngstown , Child Life Specialist, Other , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!