Company: American Heart Association
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a
relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free
of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and
American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every
single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's
lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal
fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving
impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers,
healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to
healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Development Director
based in the Tri-County area. The primary responsibility will be to
oversee corporate fundraising, volunteer recruitment and
management, and digital experience/event management for our local
Go Red for Women and Heart of Tri-County (Youngstown) campaigns.
The campaigns include our Go Red for Women Luncheon and Heart Ball
signature events respectively. Will also fundraise for our Life Is
Why We Give, STEM, and individual giving programs/initiatives under
the two campaigns. This position will have a home office
set-up.This is a fast paced sales type of position with the main
accountability of driving revenue.
To help you be successful you will have access to our
award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as various
other training and support mechanisms locally and through our
National Center.Due to the current pandemic, daily travel is
minimal and voluntary to ensure the health and safety of staff.
There is no overnight travel currently. In the future, this
position may resume daily and/or overnight travel. *Position is
posted in the Youngstown and Akron, OH and Mercer, PA
- Prospect and secure local corporate sponsorships, individual
donations, and auction items.
- Identify, recruit and manage executive volunteer leadership
including implementing a year-round cultivation plan.
- Develop profiles on the top businesses within the Tri-County
(Youngstown) market with a documented plan to secure their
- Execute digital experience/event logistics based on national
- Work closely with a Communications Director to develop and
manage a promotion/communications plan for the campaigns.
- 2+ years experience in fundraising or outside sales or in a
non-profit organization in a similar capacity.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a results-driven and collaborative
environment with highly effective organization, multi-tasking,
communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recruit, train, and manage high level volunteers to
accomplish established goals.
- Skill in making oral presentations to large and small audiences
and ability to write clear and concise narratives.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75% and overnight travel up to
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft
Office used for word processing, email, presentations, and
spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is
preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association,
diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our
workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart
health and stroke prevention.This position not a match with your
skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Keywords: American Heart Association, Youngstown , Development Director, Other , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!