Departmental Student Assistant
Company: Youngstown State University
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Job Category Student Position Title Departmental Student
Assistant Department Health Professions Major Work Characteristics/
Summary of Position
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS FOR CURRENT YSU STUDENTS ONLY.
The Departmental Student Assistant is responsible:
- For checking YSU I.D.'s (current/not current) of all
participants desiring to use the facilities.
- They are responsible to insure the patrons maintain safe
fitness activities as well as a safe physical environment in the
- They are responsible for cleaning, repairs and equipment
maintenance as assigned.
- They are responsible for carrying out emergency assistance and
- Provide support for a full range of facility activities.
- Issuance of equipment following departmental regulations
- Delivering mail, set-up of sports, audio visual equipment or
other support activities
- Provides first contact with public and must be able to respond
to a variety of questions
- Assists in taking reservations and inventories
- Setup of rooms and areas as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
Fair Labor Standards Act Minimum Qualifications
Departmental Student Assistant must have knowledge of exercise
equipment and fitness/weight training and be able to assist
- Must have customer service skills dealing with the public.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to keep certain information confidential.
- Must have CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to
- Available to work during periods of peak demand for department
(this is negotiated each quarter).
Experience working in a fitness facility and office
Keywords: Youngstown State University, Youngstown , Departmental Student Assistant, Other , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!