Liquor Control Compliance Agent / North East Ohio (20061507)
Company: Department of Administrative Services, State of Oh
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Now accepting applications for
Liquor Control Compliance Agent
Who we are:
The Mission of the Ohio Department of Commerce is promoting
prosperity by protecting what matters most. The Division of Liquor
Control supports Ohio's economy by providing funding for job
creation and business development through the proceeds from Ohio's
liquor industry. The division ensures Ohioans have access to the
products they want by overseeing the manufacture, distribution and
sale of all alcoholic beverages, selling spirituous liquorthrough
contract liquor agencies and registering products for sale.
What we do:
As the state's chief regulator, the Department of Commerce
impacts Ohioans every day. We are motivated by our mission to
promote prosperity for businesses and licensees by protecting what
matters most to the residents of our state. We ensure compliance
through proactive outreach, education, and customer-focused
Commerce is comprised of seven operating divisions and two
standalone programs that span a variety of industries including
real estate, liquor, banking, securities, firefighting,
construction and skilled trades, and medical marijuana. Through
exceptional compliance practices and oversight, Commerce has a
direct role in protecting Ohioans.
Our Guiding Principles
In striving for excellence in service, we will:
- Listen first
- Act with a sense of urgency
- Honor diversity
- Foster inclusiveness
- Value collaboration
- Inspire innovation
- Be transparent
- Be accountable
- Celebrate success
For Information on Benefits, please click here.
What is the role of the Liquor Control Compliance Agent?
- Conducts confidential, technical and sensitive investigations
and inspections of liquor permit premises to control traffic in
beer & intoxicating liquor, including sale & granting or refusal of
permits for sale of beer & intoxicating liquor as authorized by
Ohio Revised Code (e.g., false ownership, illegal operations,
application premises inspections, etc.).
- Researches court records and interviews applicants in
conjunction with the application or renewal process.
- Conducts investigations and inspections of Liquor Agency
- Conducts annual renewal inspections of approximately 25,000
permit premises to determine & ensure compliance to all statutory &
- Prepares detailed reports on investigations, inspections &
- Gathers documents and secures evidence.
- Prepares and issues citations or correction notices and
completes resultant reports.
- Prepares daily activity reports utilizing the Ohio liquor
- Serves as State Witness before Courts of Law & Liquor Control
- Maintains liaison with local law enforcement agencies,
prosecutors, regulatory agencies and other public officials.
- Maintains public relations with persons in the alcoholic
beverage industry & general public.
- Serves as liaison to Liquor Agency Stores and trains Agency
Store employees through the Division's Alcohol Server Program on
state liquor laws, regulations and departmental policies relating
to the alcoholic beverage sales.
- Serves as liaison to various segments of the alcoholic beverage
industry and may conduct presentations or training on state liquor
laws, regulations and departmental policies as they relate to
compliance of manufacturing, distribution and sales in the
- May assist Division in the training of new employees.
- May make presentations or lecture to civic, church & school
groups on state liquor laws, regulations & departmental policies
relating to permits per instructions of the Chief of Investigations
and Compliance, or Supervisor.
Completion of associate core program in law enforcement,
criminal justice or in academic field commensurate with program
area to be assigned per approved Position Description on file; 12
mos. exp. in investigative techniques & procedures; 12 mos. exp. in
business office software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office); valid
- Or 30 mos. trg. or exp. in investigative techniques &
procedures; 12 mos. exp. in business office software programs
(Microsoft Office); valid driver's license.
Keywords: Department of Administrative Services, State of Oh, Youngstown , Liquor Control Compliance Agent / North East Ohio (20061507), Other , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!