Company: Aqua America
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc., we know that
water is a precious resource one that plays a critical role in
sustaining life. Thats why we take seriously our mission:
protecting and providing Earths most essential resource. At Aqua,
we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of
our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within
our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united
by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best
we can be for the customers and communities we serve.
Together, the women and men of Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential
Utilities, Inc. serve 1 million customers across eight states. Aqua
uses science, technology, capital investments, and amazing talent
to provide communities with clean, safe drinking water and
responsibly return wastewater to our rivers and streams. Join our
team and make a difference!
The Accountant III responsibilities include assisting in
maintaining the Property Records, Annual Reporting to Regulatory
Agencies and Personal Property and Real Estate taxes and financial
reporting as needed. Reviews financials results with state
management to ensure their understanding of the reported financial
results. Assists in other accounting duties including, forecasting,
planning and other specific analysis as required. Assists the
Controller with financial reporting and assignments as needed.
Accountable for selected areas of the company's internal and
external financial reports and has specific areas of budget
- Reviews and analyzes monthly results to ensure accuracy of
- Prepares and posts journal entries to record and/or make
accruals and adjustments as needed.
- Assists with preparing Annual Reports to Regulatory agencies
including maintaining workpapers on a monthly basis to facilitate
accurate financial data for reports for Aqua Ohio. Is liaison
between the company and regulatory agency for any and all requests
for additional information related to the regulatory
- Assists in the monthly, quarterly and annual close of the
financial books and records.
- Adheres to closing schedules and participates in its
- Assists in preparation of State of Ohio Property Tax returns to
the appropriate county appraisers offices and maintaining monthly
accruals for property taxes.
- Works with state management on CPR (property records), reviews
capital spending and projects completion status.
- Clearly communicates all changes made to financial statements
and works with accounting personnel to reduce or eliminate future
- Understands internal control systems and policies/procedures to
ensure appropriate accounting and disclosure of financial
- Manages one or more key internal controls in support of the
Companys financial reporting process, the proper functionality of
which play an important role in determining whether the Companys
overall internal controls are functioning effectively.
- Performs financial analysis of business as assigned by the
- Assist in managing the CPR System (Power Plant). Responsible
for verifying that all additions and retirements have been
processed correctly to the General Ledger and in Power Plant in the
proper period. This verification process includes reconciling the
UPIS, Accumulated Depreciation, CIAC, Accumulated Amortization and
Construction Work in Progress subsidiary ledgers and coordinating
variance explanations between actual dollars and budget for these
- Communicate status of open capital projects with field
personnel including budget vs. spending to date.
- Assist in maintaining capital project files with copies of all
activity and control workpapers for each project that balances to
the appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Assist in unitizing and summarizing completed projects to be
transferred to UPIS on a monthly basis.
- Cross train with other Staff in month end closing, journal
preparation, and reconciliations.
- Responsible for Quarterly Certification of Depreciation Rates
and preparation of Depreciation budget and analysis of CWIP
- Responsible for preparation of ROE analysis from information
tied to the asset base in the CPR System.
- Assists in preparation of depreciation budget and presentation
of Capital Budget. Assist as needed with the annual O&M budget
- Performs other assignments as required.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 4-6 Years of related experience
- CPA Preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office suite: Word PowerPoint
Excel and other technologies applicable to job.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; communicate
effectively (clearly, concisely and professionally) with internal
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adapt
to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered
WORKING CONDITI O NS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Perform sedentary work- exerting up to 20 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of
- Working conditions may include travel to work sites of
Essential Utilities and/or other constituents
- Travel Requirements up to 5%
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment
opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to the following legally protected
characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions,
including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or
mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information
(including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by
applicable local, state or federal law.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is committed to
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. If you have a condition that may prevent you from
applying for a job online or need to request an accommodation
during the interview process, please call (1-877-271-9012).
Keywords: Aqua America, Youngstown , Accountant, Other , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!