Location: Youngstown, Ohio, US
Division: AAB-North America
This position will be a strategic partner to Trivium North
American operations, leading efforts to provide financial direction
and reporting. The AAB North America Controller will report to the
CFO, Americas and will provide support to the AAB North American
Operations in financial planning, reporting and analysis.
· General Ledger Accounting & Financial Statement Preparation -
Manage closing process, including for inventory accounting and
fixed assets, to achieve timely and accurate financial reporting.
Preparation of the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow
using Hyperion. Direct year end closing (physical inventories,
annual true-up adjustments, reconciling trial balance accounts,
etc.) Coordination and successful completion of the annual
financial statement audit.
· Internal Controls - Responsible for the control environment
and all internal controls to safeguard company assets.
· Management Accounting & Reporting - Oversee preparation of
internal sales, operations, profitability, and variance reporting
including volumes, P&Ls, KPIs, headcount, conversion costs with
variable\fixed split and bridges. Responsible for running
Profitability Model (using Microsoft BI) and preparation of
Financial Review Meeting presentations. Creation of ad hoc cost and
profitability analyses. Establishment and maintenance of standard
costing system (future state).
· Budgeting & Forecasting - Manage annual budget process
including sales volume, production capacity, P&L and capital
spending plan. Collaborate with NA and Corporate functional leaders
to provide all required deliverables, such as P&L, Balance
Sheet and Cash Flow statements, on-time and with a high degree of
accuracy. Creation of ad hoc short and long-term forecasts as
· Capital Projects - Support preparation of Requests for
Appropriation (RFAs). Track actual spending, open commitments, and
completion cost to approved RFAs. Complete monthly reforecast of
capital spending by project.
· Information Technology - Advance the use of IT tools to
improve efficiency and data analysis, support corporate IT
· Accounts Receivable – Coordinate with Americas Shared Service
Director to manage all credit, billing, and collection activities;
billing includes intercompany invoicing.
· Accounts Payable - Coordinate with Americas Shared Service
Director to manage vendor invoice processing, including foreign
payables, and authorize the release of cash disbursements by check,
ACH or wire.
· Treasury - Coordinate with Americas Shared Service Director
and Americas Finance Director to manage cash daily to optimize
liquidity, monitor cash balances. Manage bank Term and Revolver
loans and ensure on-time payment of interest and principal.
Completion of bi-weekly 13-week cash forecast. Preparation of
Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecasts. Administration of
· Taxes – Support preparation and filing of income tax returns
in collaboration with the Americas Tax Director including 1099s and
filing of all other tax returns (except HR-related).
· Special Projects - As assigned by the CFO, Americas Finance
Director or NA Plant Manager.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or MBA
· 10+ years’ experience leading general accounting and
· Manufacturing Finance experience required.
· A solid foundation in the practical application of financial
forecasting, business planning, and analysis.
· Demonstrated competence in the use of software tools for data
extraction, manipulation, analysis, and presentation.
· Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly
· Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication
· Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team
members in a hands-on management capacity.
· Ability to develop effective relationships with all levels
within the organization.
This position will perform a majority of job duties in an office
environment where using a computer, software applications,
telephone, printer, etc. are essential.
Who We Are:
Trivium Packaging is a global leader in metal packaging with
more than 60 locations worldwide and employs close to 8,000 people.
Trivium serves a diverse range of customers in a variety of end
markets such as food, seafood, pet food, nutrition, beauty and
personal care, household care and premium beverages.
At Trivium, people are the driving force in all our successes by
bringing expertise and talent to help us stand out, achieving
excellence through their commitment and drive, and maintaining a
focus on continuous improvement in everything they do. Together,
our goal is to be the number one choice for customers seeking
sustainable metal packaging solutions.
Trivium Packaging is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected