Field Property Claims Adjuster
Company: Liberty Mutual Insurance
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Up to 10k sign on bonus/ relocation offered
Manages, investigates and resolves large loss Property claims under
minimal supervision. Provides policyholders with exceptional
customer service on high profile/high exposure claims. Claims are
frequently non-livable dwelling assignments. May assist Claims
Representatives with in-person inspection/policyholder contact
Location: Between Chester, PA and New Castle, DE
- Investigates, determines coverage of loss and adjusts all
elements of Property Loss claims of high severity.
- Ability to manage a pending of severe complexity claims
assigned under minimal supervision.
- Conducts inspections of loss sites, writes appraisals for
dwelling repairs and issues payment to policyholders where
- May work with a Liberty network contractor in the appraisal
- Ability to independently scope large losses.
- Works with Liberty network contractor in the appraisal process
of claims and participates in re-inspection of Liberty referred
- May administer, certify and re-inspect Liberty referred
contractor and Independents.
- Explains coverage of loss, assists policyholders with
itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such
as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various
- Identifies suspicious losses.
- Recommends referral to SIU where appropriate and may assist the
SIU in their investigation and settling of the claim.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty, may assist in
management of catastrophe operation, Quality Control of
Independents used and may trouble shoot problem and high profile
- For Catastrophe (CAT) roles, investigative fieldwork includes a
high amount of travel to claim location.
- Assists in the training of property personnel and serves as a
technical resource. May assist in the absence of the Claims Team
- Requires an advanced knowledge of claims handling procedures,
and a full working knowledge of claims operations and
- Knowledge of coverages provided within various homeowner
- Demonstrated ability to handle claims of the highest complexity
and exposure. Prior contracting experience preferred.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while
exhibiting good judgment.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal
- Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted
systems, and analytical skills.
- Completion of advanced property training required.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally
acquired through Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience and at
least 7 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and
confidently pursue tomorrow. That s why we provide an environment
focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you ll
discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim
to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work
by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also
selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG s
Insider Pro and Computerworld s 2020 list. For many years running,
we have been named by Forbes as one of America s Best Employers for
Women and one of America s Best Employers for New Graduates as well
as one of America s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more
about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit:
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual Insurance, Youngstown , Field Property Claims Adjuster, Other , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!