Formulation Chemist (Coatings & Paint)
Company: Simon Roofing
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Coating & Paint Chemist
SR Products a leader in roof coatings manufacturer is growing and
looking for high performing individuals to join our team to help
take us to the next level! We are looking for driven individuals
with a passion to succeed and create new ideas.
I We are seeking a full-time Coatings & Paint Chemist. A degree in
chemistry or chemical engineering with emphasis in architectural
and industrial coatings preferred.
- Work closely with management, sales and marketing to determine
customers and needs for defined targets
- Develop new coatings formulations: prepare batches conduct
experiments, prepare customer submittals
- Resolve technical problems and ensure that remedial actions are
taken when needed.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of laboratory results.
- Work with Production Dept. to resolve manufacturing issues
related to processing or formulation.
- Ensure the efficient and safe scale up of new formulations in
- Work closely with Environmental and Sales teams to meet the
changing regulatory guidelines.
- Test products using ASTM and new test methods and interpret
results against customer needs
- Apply coatings via Brushing, rolling, or spraying to match
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S/M.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science,
or closely related discipline is required.
- Four (4) plus years of experience in the
Architectural/Industrial coatings industry is required.
- Candidate must have outstanding written and oral communication
- Three to Five (3-5) years of experience in paint chemistry and
- Must have experience with compounding process.
- Specific paint compound test methods, physical and
- Paint standards with emphasis on commercial and
- Specialty paint application markets, architectural, industrial,
- At least some latex coating formulation experience is strong
- Experience with 2K epoxy or urethane formulation, water and/or
solvent based, is a plus
- Color Matching Experience Candidate must be proficient in MS
- Must be physically able to stand, walk, reach, climb or
balance, and kneel.
What We Offer:
- Great earning potential
- Excellent Health Insurance, Dental, Vision Care benefits & Free
- AFLAC and Short-Term Disability
- 401K plan, with a discretionary annual match
- Annual Safety and Performance bonuses
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
against any applicant on race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation,
military/veteran status, or any other status protected by the
Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a
complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
the personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the employer.
I certify the information I have provided in this Employment
Application is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I
understand that, if hired, discovery of any false information
provided or any relevant information omitted (no matter when
discovered) may result in the immediate termination of my
employment. I authorize Simon Roofing and Sheet Metal Corp. (the
"Company") to make whatever inquiries it deems necessary or
appropriate of any person or organization to verify any of the
information I have provided in this application and to determine my
qualifications and abilities. I hereby release the Company from any
and all claims or action or causes of action arising out of the
Company's lawful inquiries and/or its determination of my
qualifications and abilities.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Simon Roofing, Youngstown , Formulation Chemist (Coatings & Paint), Other , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!