Community Corrections Specialist
Company: Community Corrections Association, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Second To None*
We are extremely excited to announce that Community Corrections
Association, Inc. (CCA) is the proud fifth-time recipient of the
2022 Cliff Skeen Award in the halfway house category!
This award is nominated and awarded by Ohio Department of
Rehabilitation and Corrections. It signifies an unparalleled
excellence in corrections, specifically in the category of halfway
*This award is a great honor and reminder of the dedication of our
staff and quality of our services!*
We want to congratulate each and every one of our team members that
continuously contribute to the ongoing success of CCA. Without you,
this would not be possible.
We have been nominated for this award in the Halfway House
category, since 1993, seventeen (17) times.
We have won this award five (5) times; 1993, 2007, 2014, 2018, and
most recently, 2022.
We welcome the chance to meet with you and provide you an
opportunity to work with such an amazing team!
The starting pay is $16.00/hour with full medical benefits after 3
months. *The Agency pays all the premiums with no out-of-pocket
costs to the employee for the base medical plan.*
In addition to Health Plan, we offer competitive *Dental*,
*Vision*, *Short Term Disability* and *Accident Insurance* and
*company paid life insurance*.
We offer a 401(k) with company match, which is *100% vested!*
After an eligibility period, new employees receive *1 week of
Vacation* time after 90 days, in addition to *7 paid Sick days* and
*11 Company Holidays*!
*FULL and PART TIME Opportunities*
Responsible for the direct supervision of clients in a structured
residential program. The responsibilities of the role require a
firm and fair approach, with honesty and integrity. The person must
develop the respect and confidence of the residents and their team.
This requires someone who is professional, responsive, and decisive
in their decision-making skills and in emergency situations. The
individual is required to follow established regulations and
procedures, inclusive of regulatory standards and procedures. The
RSII must be able to comprehend and apply core correctional
practices and cognitive behavioral treatment approaches. They must
be able to function well in a fast-paced and, at times, stressful
* Assure resident movement follows agency procedure.
* Assure appointments, wake-ups, lights-out, and transportation
scheduling are organized and met.
* Monitor residents and facility for contraband, conducting
pat-down searches, as necessary, as per agency policy.
* Conduct urinalysis and Blood Alcohol Concentrations (BACs), as
* Conduct hourly 0600 "eye check" of all residents and log
* Record complete and comprehensive notes, on all shift activities,
via the facility log on the agency intranet system.
* Enforce program rules and regulations, and follow appropriate
*FACILITY OPERATION: *
* Understand and adhere to procedural requirements of facility
* Conduct scheduled inspections of facility, prepare and monitor
resident house assignments, and requisition necessary repairs.
* Monitor supply inventories as required, recommend, replenishment,
and maintain invoice procedures.
* Maintain inventory of first aid and fire equipment.
* Dispense/receive linens for residents.
* Maintain overall sanitation of facility.
* Oversee meal preparation and clean-up.
* Maintain overall building security.
* Monitor and manage facility as required assuring for lights out,
visitation rules, and that activity areas are appropriately
* Conduct emergency drills as required.
* Be aware of resident treatment plans and needs, and reinforce
individual treatment goals.
* Participate in mandatory facility meetings, review necessary
resident information, and participate in shift briefings.
* Respond to emergency situations and provide crisis intervention
* Maintain a facility atmosphere conducive to agency philosophy and
humane living conditions.
* Respond to resident needs and conflicts in a preventative fashion
so as to reduce volatile situations.
* Attend all probationary training/unit meetings/and any additional
* Support, cooperate, and work with other agency staff in meeting
the needs of the program.
* Provide assistance as required by supervisory staff.
* Adhere to the Policy and Procedure of the agency.
* Reports directly to the supervisor on duty.
* Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
* Bachelors/Associate's degree in Criminal Justice/Social Service
field preferred or High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Relevant job experience may be substituted for preferred college
* Must possess a valid driver's license and a driving record that
doesn't preclude the employee from being covered by Agency
* Maintain a record which does not preclude the employee from
working with offenders as required by regulatory agencies.
* Must be able to satisfactorily pass a preemployment and random
* Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software.
*PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: *
* Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
* Frequently required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* Must be able to lift and/or move 25 pounds
Candidates with backgrounds in the following fields will fit well
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Weekend availability
All employees and residents are required to practice social
* Associate (Preferred)
* Overnight Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Community Corrections Association, Inc., Youngstown , Community Corrections Specialist, Other , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!