Senior Human Resources Generalist
Company: HMS Mfg Co
Posted on: January 15, 2023
At HMS, we are passionate and think big. It only makes sense
that we employ people with the ambition to meet this challenge.If
you think you would be a good fit for our company, we'd like to
meet you.HMS has product placement in large international retailers
based on respect in the industry and our team's skills and
experience. Our employees come from a wide array of backgrounds and
diverse experiences. In our family-oriented work environment we
encourage everyone to work to his or her fullest potential and
welcome all ideas and perspectives.Department: Human ResourcesJob
Title: Senior Human Resources GeneralistReports To: Director of
Human Resources / Warehouse ManagerJob Summary: The Senior Human
Resources Generalist is responsible for providing overall HR
functions including onboarding new employees, promoting a positive
working environment, ensuring compliance with all employment laws,
policies, and guidelines, and dealing with employee relations
problems. Hours Required: 40+ overtime as needed Major
- Creates training programs and other materials used for new hire
orientation, safety and other training or activities, as business
- Coordinate 30, 60, 90 days and annual performance
- Tracks employee time off and regularly updates the attendance
- Maintain Driver Qualification Files as required by the
Department of Transportation.
- Follow all Department of Transportation rules and regulations,
to include administering random DOT drug and alcohol tests.
- Recruit, hire, and onboard new employees as needed.
- Monitor attendance and tardiness, assessing points as
- Counsel employees experiencing excessive attendance points and
terminate employees as needed for attendance
- Conduct safety training, accident reviews, follow-up and assess
disciplinary action when needed.
- Develop and direct the safety committee.
- Perform weekly safety inspections and enforce safety
- Maintain the OSHA logs.
- Investigate employee related incidents.
- Enforce and conduct employee disciplinary actions.
- Work closely with outside staffing agencies, coordinating needs
and staffing issues.
- Organize and maintain employee files.
- Coordinate scheduling for security guards, ensuring proper
coverage for weekends/holidays.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in an HR related field.
- Executes on tasks efficiently and meets necessary
- Strong work ethic - ability to move quickly, but have strong
attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and planning abilities.
- Proactive/takes initiative/self-motivated
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal communication skills,
including telephone skills/etiquette.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle with a valid
driver's license Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk, bend, twist, and lift above the head as
needed. HMS Mfg. Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: HMS Mfg Co, Youngstown , Senior Human Resources Generalist, Other , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!