Posted on: March 16, 2023
Here at Gpac we are working with a wonderful organization who is
looking for a Grant Specialist to join their team! This position in
located in Pittsburgh, PA.
This is a hybrid position
- Verifies compliance with the Uniform Grants Guidance and
adherence to Federal and State policies and procedures.
- Analyzes, interprets, and applies Federal and State rules and
regulations regarding grant administration and implements related
- Negotiates awards, no-cost extensions, carry-over of funds,
changes in key personnel, and other project modifications as
- Ensures compliance with agency requirements regarding vendors,
purchasing regulations, equipment inventory, and closing
- Ensures proper monitoring and oversight controls are in place
for Grants, Memorandums of Understanding, processes award
documents, draft sub-agreements, and similar documents.
- Coordinates grant activity within the organization; reviews
grant proposal submission, budgets, contracts, reports, and other
grant-related documents for accuracy, completeness, contract
compliance, and adherence to all timelines.
- Maintains registration for Federal/State grantor websites,
passwords/passcodes, eligibility status, and Indirect Cost Rate
agreement with the VP of Finance and related administrative
- Serves as the subject matter expert in support of grant project
managers within the organization relating to eligible uses of grant
funds, budget revisions, extension requests, program amendments,
and contract compliance and regulation interpretation.
- Develops and updates the Grants Manual and grant-related forms
to facilitate the grant process and support grant project
- Work with project directors to comply with the funder's terms
and conditions, manage deliverables, monitors spending, request
amendments, and plan spend-out.
- Develops and maintain relationships with funding agencies and
grant program officers.
- Coordinates the completion of required audits. Knowledge
- Principles, techniques, and guidelines relative to grants,
contract administration, and subcontracting processes.
- State and Federal rules, regulations, laws, and statutes
relating to grants.
- Resources for identifying grant funds, as well as existing
- Effective grant management, including generally accepted
accounting principles and terminology and auditing principles and
practices related to it.
- Accounting software, spreadsheets, and data management systems
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Applicable experience in nonprofit governance, administration,
grants management and compliance Experience:
Minimum five years of progressive experience in state and federal
grant management, compliance, and administration, including but not
limited to procurement and sub-recipient monitoring.
Resumes and cover letters can confidently be sent to Jack Farley at
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm
specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple
industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely
competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our
ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: gpac, Youngstown , Grant Specialist, Other , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...