Posted on: November 16, 2023
Compensation$16. 00 HourlyJob DescriptionTo apply, simply TEXT
USIC to 90206 to connect with our hiring team today. Are you an
outdoor enthusiast who enjoys independent field work and is looking
to jump start your career? If you are a quality-conscious, safety
focused, hard-working individual, then consider an exciting
long-term career at USIC!The USIC name and brand are highly
recognized and respected for our strong commitment to quality and
safety. We are looking for individuals who consider themselves
problem solvers, take pride in public safety, and thrive in a
fast-paced, exciting work environment. Our communities are your
communities.If you're looking for growth, we've got you covered. We
provide a quality training program and opportunities for
advancement. No prior locating experience needed!Our technicians
spend their workdays on the go, independently working in the field
using their company-provided vehicle. We use best-in-class ticket
and claims management systems to ensure clear and complete mark-out
services for the excavator or property owner at the work site.Your
Responsibilities as a Locator:
- Correctly, safely, and efficiently locate underground
utilities, including telecommunications, electric power, cable TV,
gas, water, and sewer systems.
- Thoroughly search for underground utilities in a designated
area, accurately marking the location, completing the necessary
documentation, and photographing each locate. These are daytime,
full-time positions and overtime is required. We have a 48-hour
turnaround time on most locates, which means we generally work the
day after holidays and some weekends, as needed.Why You'll Love
Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% paid training - We're invested in you, starting on your
- High-quality company vehicle & fuel card - All work-related
expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your
personal vehicle for work.
- Company laptop, phone, & equipment - Advanced technology you
can count on.
- DailyPay - Access your pay when you need it.
- Comprehensive insurance options - A variety of excellent
insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match - We'll help you save for the long
term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO & paid holidays - Even in your first year, so you can spend
time with your loved ones.
- Weekend & holiday on-call pay - Earn extra money while on call
over the weekend or on a company holiday, even if not called out to
- Technician Incentive Plan - Bonuses based on individual quality
& safety results, as well as tenure.
- Career Path Program (CPP) - Unmatched in our industry. We
recognize employees who strive to be the best in their roles with
distinctive titles, promotions, and more.
- Outstanding Marks Program - Earn points for tenure, safety, and
quality milestones to spend on products of your choice from an
expansive online store.
- Tenure Boots Program -$200 voucher to buy a new pair of work
boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
- Education Partnership & Scholarship Program - Discounted
tuition for USIC employees, their spouses, and dependents through
Indiana Tech (courses available online nationwide). Scholarships
available for employees. Credit hours for completing our utility
locator training curriculum and/or for military service.
- Employee discounts & perks - Outstanding discounts at major
retailers and service providers. What We Need from You (Our
- Able and willing to work outdoors in various weather
conditions. Previous outdoor experience is a plus.
- Computer proficiency
- Available to work overtime and weekends, as needed.
- Able to pass a drug screen (this is a safety-sensitive
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record
- Able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift up to 75
- Able to distinguish between colors used to identify wiring and
mark underground utilities.
- Able to read, understand, and reference locate tickets, as well
as maps and prints.
- Able to communicate clearly with colleagues, customers,
contractors, and homeowners. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.When texting, message and data
rates may apply. View our terms and conditions here: and our
healthy, hospital, nursing, sewer system, treatment, usda,
wastewater, wastewater treatment plant
Keywords: USIC, Youngstown , Utility Locator, Other , Salem, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!