Supply Chain Analyst
Company: Gast Manufacturing
Posted on: September 19, 2023
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your
career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced
professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between,
IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn
new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales,
supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something
special for you.
Who is GAST Manufacturing?
As a business unit of IDEX Corporation, GAST Manufacturing has a
long history of being the leader in design and manufacturing of
quality air-moving products. We specialize in offering cost
effective solutions for a wide variety of industries including
industrial manufacturing, healthcare, and environmental
Scope of Role: This role is intended to help coordinate and manage
the relationship with the European warehouse, freight forwarder,
and customer service team to ensure timely delivery to customers.
This position will use analytics, following the 80/20 process, to
work with distribution partners, plan logistics, and ensure the
supply chain is running smoothly.
- Manage relationship with freight forwarder and warehouse
- Use 80/20 in analytics to best service the customer
- Coordinate with Customer Service on delivery and logistical
- Plan shipment and goods movement from both GAST and IDEX,
working closely with material planners on production.
- Place orders for production
- Supply Chain Analytics - SIOP, Inventory, Build vs Stock,
- Manage the international inventory - EOZ
- 30% Manage relationship with freight forwarder and warehouse -
This position would setup and manage the relationship with the
freight forwarder; ensuring no disruptions in the supply chain.
They would also work closely with the warehouse team to ensure
shipments are received and shipped on-time, in full, and assist in
fixing any inventory issues.
- 30% Coordinate with customer service - To fulfill customer
demand, this position will place purchase orders, maintain clear
communication with the customer service team, and maintain dates
based on the most up to date shipping information.
- 40% Manage inventory and distribution stock levels using 80/20
- This position will be the GAST supply chain 80/20 champion. Using
80/20, they will work with the sales and customer service team to
set and review stocking levels ensuring top customer satisfaction.
Using analytics, this position will also coordinate with the GBH
planning team and the 80/20 manager to make proposals for actions
to deliver the best performance to the customer, including, but not
limited to making recommendations for stocking levels at
Distributors to maintain high on time delivery.
- Perform other assignments as directed by the Supply Chain
Measures of Performance
- Minimal EOZ on quarterly review basis
- 15% Premium freight reduction
- Optimizing inventory levels for maximum customer
- 95% OTD to European markets
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENCIES:
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience managing inventory and supply chain
- Integrity, trust, and interpersonal savvy
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural
- Strong analytical skills: ability to assess situations and make
sound decisions with incomplete information
- Ability to manage by influence in a matrix-managed
- Ability to prioritize activities and drive to achieve goals
GAST Manufacturing, a Unit of IDEX Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the essential duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
job-related tasks other than those specifically presented.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people,
our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing
trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected
category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability
and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the
application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are
limited in the ability to access or use this online application
process and need an alternative method for applying, we will
determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our
Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by
individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not
inquire as to the status of an application.
Keywords: Gast Manufacturing, Youngstown , Supply Chain Analyst, Professions , Youngstown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!